Here’s a recipe from my old blog, from when I still enjoyed cooking and baking. These days I find it difficult to find the time and passion for kitchen experiments, but lemon curd is an exception. It’s so easy and quick to make, and it tastes amazing on toast and anything freshly baked. You can also use it as frosting on cakes, pastry filling and in desserts. It will last 3-4 days in the fridge.
Juice from 4 lemons (1dl)
Zest from 2 lemons
2dl cane sugar
- Whisk the eggs in a pan and add the other ingredients.
- Continue whisking and turn on the heat (low-medium) and make sure that the mixture doesn’t start to boil.
- After a while (5-10 minutes depending on the type of stove) the mixture thickens.
- Turn down the heat to the lowest setting, and continue to stir for a couple of minutes before removing the pan from the heat.
- Let the lemon curd cool before transferring it to a jar or a bowl.